Regular price $21.90 NZD
Regular priceUnit price per
- In medium to deep water, it's designed for maximum visibility.
- The Sunakku® slow jig (pronounced "soo-nar-koo") is the result of significant in-house design and development, as well as on-water testing.
- All of the enormous custom-designed heads feature a crackle paint finish and large iridescent reflective foil eyes.
- When drifting, the head shape combined with the skirt adds an effective "wiggle" to the lure.
- Because the sliding head permits the head to go up your leader, the amount of leverage the fish may gain is substantially reduced, making it more difficult for the fish to "throw" the hook.
- A long-lasting Japanese soft 'high glow' lumo bead is positioned between the head and the skirt for improved visibility.
- With a combination of fluorescent and UV material, the skirts are free flowing and provide an attractive swimming activity.
- The hooks are made of high carbon steel and are PTFE coated for better rust resistance and hook life in one of Black Magic's Japanese facilities.
- Kevlar® thread is rigged on a sturdy ring.
- There are five colour options to choose from.
- You can choose from four different head weights (60g, 80g, 100g, and 130g) depending on the depth or speed of your drift.
- If you've never fished with this type of bait before, it's best to do it while drifting and in deeper water (20 to 100m). Allow the jig to touch the bottom before slowly winding/retrieving the lure, giving it the occasional "yo-yo" as it comes in.
- Free spool the bait back to the bottom when you're approximately 1/3 of the way up, then repeat until the lure is past the boat at roughly 30 to 45 degrees.
- If you get a bite, just keep winding gently since the fish will most likely strike it multiple times if it doesn't hook up right away. If you desire, you can also add little slivers of bait, such as a thin squid tentacle.
- Sunakku® should be used with at least 1 metre of Black Magic 20 to 40lb Tough Fluorocarbon leader and Black Magic 16 to 30lb Rainbow Braid Elite 8x for optimal results.
- You can also use a Black Magic UV Torch to power up the lumo finish on your Sunakku® lure, making it more visible in the water.